Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nothing to See Here...

No really, there's nothing to see here.

I'm a writer, you see, so, short of me showing you scribbled notes, or trying to tell you that the best way to come up with ideas is to read and observe and listen, well... not much to show at the moment, shall we say.

I'm currently working on two ideas for the project, either or both will move forward, dependent on the group liking what I produce and an artist liking it enough to want to put sequential art to my words.

The two ideas are as follows:

Initially the first idea is to, as I presented to Karl, reclaim the Samurai Western back for the East - a Yakisoba Western was how I think I termed it. All very influenced by Leone's influence by Kurosawa. It would also be influenced by Edwin Sherin 70's Western, Valdez is Coming. Basically the idea would be to produce a character so stubborn, so driven by a seemed wrong, so honour bound to right that wrong that nothing, not one thing could stop him. Escalation would be the key.

The second idea is more character driven and set in the Pacific Theater during World War II. It focusses on a grudging admiration of foes set around a POW camp filled with sick and dying workers on the Death Railway. Think Enemy Mine written by E.M. Forster.

Well, those are the high concept pitches as they stand, I'm sure as time moves on, and hopefully with the inclusion of a partner, things will grow, change, alter and develop, and hopefully, soon, there will be more than words to show here.

Jamie Gambell

No comments:

Post a Comment